Insurance: You are buying a promise of protection that could potentially make or break your financial well-being. This can be a complicated process, trying figuring out what to purchase that will meet your needs. How will you know if you are making the right choices for coverage? Can you be sure you are getting the best possible value for your money? The independent agent can be your best advocate. Here are 8 reasons why the independent agent can benefit you:
1. They are licensed experts – Independent agents can explain the complex insurance terms that can help you make smart decisions. Their days are spent assessing needs and matching them with insurance best designed to fit their customer and at prices affordable to each situation. So that means from adding a second home to thinking about starting that blueberry farm business, independent agents will guide you to the appropriate coverage.
2. They give you a choice – Independent agents represent many different companies that in turn offer a wider variety of coverage options and pricing. There is no need to accept one quote from one company or spend time filling out different applications to compare quotes – let your independent agent do that for you! They do the shopping, you do the saving!
3. They are your advocate – The independent agent can work with the insurance company on your behalf when dealing with claims or billing. No need to worry when you need to make coverage changes, your advocate handles the headaches for you.
4. They are personal advisers – Independent agents work face-to-face with you to get adequate coverage and find the most competitive pricing. Therefore they become your very own personal adviser, taking time to listen to what your specific needs may be; they make certain you are taken care of if you do happen to suffer a loss.
5. They offer one-stop shopping – Independent agents can most likely meet ALL of your insurance needs with the different companies they represent. They make it easy to get your home, auto, renter’s, commercial business, and even life and health insurance handled all in one. Home and auto to pig farms and daycare centers, independent agents can get you all covered.
6. They offer quality, unbiased help – When it comes to making a claim on your insurance, the independent agent can help guide you through a claims process without strict protocols of normal insurance companies, and help you bypass the complicated jargon. The unbiased independent agent helps do what is best for YOU, since they are not tied to any one company.
7. They are consultants for a lifetime – Independent agents periodically review your coverage and are there to help you when changes occur in life. You could go from renting an apartment to buying a home, through getting married and having teen drivers, to starting your own business, to renovating your home or retiring to a beach condo…. And that independent agent stays with you through it all to secure your financial future.
8. They are right around the corner – This may be one of the best things about an independent agent—They are your neighbors! They share a community with you and are involved in sponsoring youth sports, buying from local businesses, supporting local school organizations, and ready to help with Chamber meetings and community outreaches. When you make a call to an independent agent you are not calling a service center in a major city, you are calling your friends down the street.