PROMOTING SAFE AND RESPONSIBLE USE OF CONSUMER FIREWORKS
Recommended Safety Tips
· Obey all local laws regarding the use of fireworks.
· Know your fireworks; read the cautionary labels and performance descriptions before igniting.
· A responsible adult SHOULD supervise all firework activities. Never give fireworks to children.
· Alcohol and fireworks do not mix. Save your alcohol for after the show.
· Wear safety glasses when shooting fireworks.
· Light one firework at a time and then quickly move away.
· Use fireworks OUTDOORS in a clear area; away from buildings and vehicles.
· Never relight a “dud” firework. Wait 20 minutes and then soak it in a bucket of water.
· Always have a bucket of water and charged water hose nearby.
· Never carry fireworks in your POCKET or shoot them into METAL or GLASS containers.
· Do not experiment with homemade fireworks.
· Dispose of spent fireworks by wetting them down and place in a metal trash can away from any building or combustible materials until the next day.
· FAA regulations PROHIBIT the possession and transportation of fireworks in your checked baggage or carry-on luggage.
· Report illegal explosives, like M-80s and quarter sticks, to the fire or police department.
© The National Council on Fireworks Safety, Inc. ● 1701 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Suite 300, Washington, D.C. 20006